Griping.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSRA Landscaping, Aug 9, 2001.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, someone came in and undercut my renewal with a townhouse community that I do by $80 per month, and he's planning on sending out a 2-3 man crew! I don't see it, myself. I'm kind of glad, though. HOA's are such a pain. :rolleyes:

Before I pursue any more townouse communities, tell me, have you guys n gals found any HOA's that are loyal? I don't go for all the political junk and the powers struggles that seem to typify them.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Does townhouse community = common grounds?

That's a wee bit of money... What was involved for $80 a month? Doesn't even seem worth the effort for them to get new bids :confused:

Sorry...

3. CSRA Landscaping

Tom, I guess I wasn't clear. The other guy undercut my bid by $80. Meaning that he was $80 per month cheaper than my renewal.

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I think he got undercut by 80.00 a month, I don't think he was charging 80.00 a month. :confused:

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry about that...

How long were you cutting the place?

Why can't you see a 2-3 man crew doing it? How many units? How long did it take you by your self?

6. CSRA Landscaping

Mostly because most other folks were in the $990+ range ... this guy must
    A) be new, like me, or
    B) have very low expenses.

I've been doing it for a year, it usually takes me, by myself, 3-4 hours. 28 units.

7. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Im assuming they require proof of insurance, workmans comp and all else correct?

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

This stuff always reminds me that we have to put up with all the political BS! But, just cause someone else is lower does not mean they will do the job like we did. I always do my very best, and If I get underbid then oh well. Like what am I gonna do about it anyway. Let them live and learn. This should encourage all of us to do our selling and maybe to add to the services we offer. I hope this lose doesnt hurt you too much, but sonething else will come along and fill the gap much better. Keep your head up!!!

9. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Hey you could always under cut him. Then he could under cut you. And so on and so on. Before you know it someone's doin it for free. LOL

:laugh:

Just curious, How did you find out how much this guy outbid you by? Got some inside info?

10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

$80/ mo. =$960 annual. I hope. I did the math in my head.

$960 annual is a lot of money to a HOA. after all they are all retired and have nothing to do but watch their annual dues head down the gutter.

I have not tried this but could you do an appreciation thing for the board members. get to know them. shmooze them. make it personal if they reject you over $20 a week!

IDUNNO! just an idea.

GEO