Grooming habbits

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bunton Guy, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

For the first time in my life I decided to grow out a beard. I have never gone longer then 3 days in my life without shaving.

Now after 3.5 weeks of only shaving my neck my wife is on the fence about how professional it is to not be clean cut. I've always been clean shaven every day & a hair cut once every 3 weeks for the last 15 years.

Now it bothers me & I feel like I should shave just to keep my clean cut look. Not to mention I don't think this beard thing is going to work anyhow :hammerhead: over 3 weeks and I still look like a 16 year old trying to grow some manlyness :laugh:

How do you guys feel about grooming habbits? I guess if you want to grow facial hair out you must start somewhere right?

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Its gonna itch and be dirty at the end of the day.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I keep a goatee.

More than likely going clean is the best bet unless you have an extra chin.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The wife is telling you she doesn't like the look in a nice way. lol

Time to lose the beard!

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I shave every other day and have my hair cut to 1/4" every month. We had a kid working for us who looked like Grizzly Adams, long beard and long hair. The best part was it was 90 something degrees.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I keep a goatee most of the time. I get my hair cut every other Sat and they trim my goatee. Im clean shaven right now, becuz i tried to trim my goatee myself the other night. If i went three weeks without shaving i would look like the guys from Duck Dynasty. If i shave at night, by noon the next day i have a 5oclock shadow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

Im having the same problem, except mines with my hair. i've been wanting to let it grow below shoulder lenght, unfortunatly i have VERY curly hair, and it comes past my nose when its wet, but dry its an inch above my eyebrow. Also, i doubt it would look very professional to have an afro on the job. lol

8. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a "groomed" beard. I trim it 3 times a week with my beard and mustache trimmer on the #1 setting. I clean shave my neck from about an inch under my jawbone down.

9. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Clean cut spring, summer, fall grizzly adams in the winter

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I have a full beard. Gets trimmed once every 1.5-2 weeks. Once it starts getting burly, then that's the time i cut it, and I generally cut it fairly close to my face so It doesn't look like Grizzly Adams.

My hair gets cut once every four-five weeks.

I started the beard because I had a baby face when I started my biz. At 25 everyone thought I was 18. I felt people weren't taking me seriously and I feel the beard helped me look my age.

That and I'm a cheapskate and don't like spending money on razors.....