Grooming mowers

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by mmacsek, Aug 29, 2004.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I currently use walkbehinds and ZTR to cut with. I have a few customers that need areas maintained every 10 to 14 days. Basically cut it down, nothing fussy. I have a JDeere 318 garden tractor that I might be able to get a grooming mower. (60" cut) What is a grooming mower and what is the quality of cut? These areas don't need brush hogging. A new mower/tractor is not going to happen now. I currently use my existing mowers but don't like pounding them on these properties. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks Matt
  2. CookTractor

CookTractor LawnSite Member

We Sell Landpride Grooming Mowers at our dealership and have been for 12 years. we sell about 50 of them a year. what horsepower is your tractor? The make a rear discharge model that cuts awesome. check them out at
  3. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the website. The tractor is 18hp. The problem with buying aftermarket attachments is the PTO available for these is 2000rpm and not the standard 540rpm. Tha grooming mower I was looking at was made by John Deere and made for "their" PTO. This size tractor also has a cat.0 3 point hitch. Matt