Gross Findings..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I've mowed lawns before with Dog Crap.. it sucks! But, dog crap is nothing compared to a few things I've found on lawns the past couple of years. One time mowing I found a used condom a few years back laying on the lawn. Last year, a used tampon on another lawn. What other lovely treasures have you guys stumbled upon? :dizzy:

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Poopy diaper, used pregnacy test and a urine bag all found while maintaining a Wal-Mart property. (and by the way..........she's pregnant).

3. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

A sack full of dead kittens.:dizzy:

4. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

One time, we were mulching in a bush at a detroit restaurant. Very lucky, but I almost stuck myself with a used needle. I happened to see it just before it poked me!!

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The homeless peoples bathroom behind a strip mall. For those who always worry about the "less fortunate", try mowing at 6 am when its just getting light when you stumble across their "restroom". Also found the carcass of a dead alligator once. Kind of spooky because that was early am too and not fully light out, I was wondering where the live ones were.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the gatorade bottles with the "sun Tea" are the best....you know its going to leak and stink up the truck. I've come across a few needles as well...

one of my guys found a reese load distributing draw bar laying the grass....I'm glad they found it before they cut...

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I was doing a favor for a lady I met who was trying to clean up her Dads old house. He had died and not been found for awhile. I was cutting the tall grass in the backyard when I hit a dogchain. Turns out it was connected to a dog skeleton,guess he starved to death.What a way to go.

8. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

I was mowing an overgrown lawn and ran over a dead squirrel that was just beginning to decompose. Flies everywhere.

9. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Garbage bag full of dirty diapers. Don't mow where you can't see.

10. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, thats a long list. Frogs, snakes, turtles, carpet, dead cat (stunk to high h$ll after I hit it (buried in tall grass) steel chain, tree stump (no damage thank god) and rope, which got all tangled around the spindles and blades. Took over an over to clean out. Not fun.