Gross pay per man hour???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman_scott, Nov 8, 2003.

?

What is your gross income per man hour?

1. $0-$25

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. $26-$40

22 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. $41-$60

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. $61+

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

What is your gross income per MAN HOUR for the ENTIRE YEAR. Not looking for a dream day, or dream account, because we all have those. I am just looking for an average for each man hour worked during the year. I realize there are many variables, employee pay, ins, cost of living for different areas.....

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm confused :confused:

Do you want GROSS or NET?

Was thinking GROSS until you mentioned employee pay, ins, cost of living for different areas, etc.

Do you want us to include mower maintenance, billing, driving to bank, post office, Staples (supplies).

If so, I don't have an answer for you, and very few would.

3. lawnman_scott

sorry, gross is what i was curious about. I was just pointing out that someone grossing $30 could be making more than someone grossing $45 with those variables.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

GROSS is GROSS.

If you enter in variables, or deductions/expenses, etc. it becomes NET or a variation of NET.

Tell me how someone making $30/hr is GROSSING more than a guy GROSSING $45/hr.?

Sorry if this sounds crude, but living in FL, your never going to have the opportunity to out GROSS, NET, whatever someone from the north eastern US. Totally different economic structure.

This is felt immediatly upon crossing that Mason-Dixon line.

5. lawnman_scott

if you gross 30 and i gross 40 and my expences are 20 and yours are 2 you make more. but the poll is for gross

6. lawnman_scott

but your wrong. Probably will never out gross or net per hour, but my net per year will be more than lots of people.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wrong?

Anyway's.....Snow and Ice control is where I make my money. Take that $60/hr number and TRIPPLE it.

Looks like its going to be a snowy winter too!

8. lawnman_scott

Well ok if you say so. I guess since im south of the mason dixon line i dont make what i think i do. Hard to agrue with someone who has been in business since he was......10 years old. If it doesnt snow??

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If it doesn't snow, you can make out really well, since you didn't burn any fuel, break any equipment or incur any payroll expenses.

I know guys who do 100% commercial plowing who pray that it doesn't snow. Why? Because they get paid a fixed fee even if it doesn't snow, just to have the equipment and manpower available for when it does. Like getting paid for being on-call.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

For a second there LAWNMAN SCOTT I thought you were complimenting me. :eek: However, the vibe I'm getting from you suggests otherwise. Are you doubting my ability to make good money at 10 years of age?

And just so you know,....It's hard to argue with me period. I'm an excellent debater, and seriously missed my calling as a lawyer. (or so I'm told).

In any event, your sideways comment just put you on my bad side. First I was just thinking that your simply a doubter of all who claim to make more $$/hr, but upon further reading, your issues span other areas as well.

You just need to face something.....From all my years on LS, I have seen one consistent trend. And other members from the Sunshine State are the ones TELLING ME this. The Southern region tends to have a lower range of profit in our business. Stemming from too many LCO's, too many fixed income residents, and year round work. The economy is TOTALLY different in Florida than it is in my Tri-State area.

I'm NOT saying I'm better than you, make more than you, look better than you (J/K! :D ), or anything. You just need to NOT doubt our claims, and accept them as truth.

And for your information..... If it doesnt snow?? Well, thats when I make the MOST money! Ice control makes me more money than anything else I do. I almost feel guilty charging what I do. But like I said before,.....just when you start feeling guilty, you know your perfectly DEAD ON with your pricing!