Gross per day cutting grass???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brandy, Mar 21, 2001.

1. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Just want to know how much a one person show should gross per day mowing grass. I have a two person crew and we try to do between 1000 and 1500 per day cutting grass!!

2. Majestic

Majestic LawnSite Member

Wow Dont know where your from but i would probably move there if i could make 1500 a day thats excellent.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Brandy:

Fill in your location in your profile. It helps other members to better answer you questions when they have a general idea where you are located.

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure how much to tell you that you should make in a day. I think $1000-1500 a day is pretty dag gone good for two people. Especially if you can do that 4-6 days a week.

But...

What are your daily expenses? I can tell you this much, as long as you are making as much, or more, than you are spending in a day, you are on the right track.

Good Luck.
    Mark

5. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a one man show and I make between 400 and 600 per day. I only mow for two/three days per week. Extra work before that.

1,000 to 1,500 -- Wow!

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

that's alotta grass ...I'd need a 7' deck .....we average 550-625 per day per 2 man crew day'n ....day out ....working 4-5 days .... on Monday I make that much but it's on a 15 Acre Gated Town Home Community & with 4 guys....I could buy alot of toys with an 18k+ monthly gross

[Edited by theleven on 03-21-2001 at 07:16 PM]

7. Wow, i must be seeing things or someone is pulling my leg. Two people cutting,pulling in 1,000 to 1,500 dollars in a day. Let me get some of that gravy train. Or is there something really funny about this.first of all 1500 divided by two is 750 and at ten hours that is seventy five bucks an hour, for lawn cutting.(per person) If you are truelly getting that your market must be great or there isnt another landscaper for a thousand miles......... Jammin

8. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

We hussle, and run with blowers and weedwackers!!!

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Brandy, Jodi asked you very nice to fill in your profile where you live. I've asked many times for everyone to fill them in. I guess asking doesn't work, so now I'm telling you to fill it in. I'm tired of asking.

10. Well then run along and stop your blatant trolls to this forum.