1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Gross Salary" Solo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nelson, Jan 27, 2002.

"Gross" Solo Income Additional to my post "net" Income

1. 35,000

10 vote(s)
  2. 45,000

4 vote(s)
  3. 50,000

4 vote(s)
  4. 55,000 +

25 vote(s)
  1. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

This is an additional to my other post. The difference is "Net"
    now "Gross" Income for Solo Operators???
  2. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Whats your gross?
    also what are you using for equipment. I know you have the izuzu amigo and like a 5x8 trailer. Just curious.
  3. Nelson

U R Correct on Isuzu & 5x8 Trailer. I am just curious also, Do U remember when U were just starting out? Give me a break DUDE !!!!!:blob2:
  4. scagman

Hey, I was not mocking. I just reread my reply and I guess It did sound like that I apologize. I started out with a 69' ford f-100 with a gutless straight 6. In the bed I had a murray mower, craftsman blower, homelite trimmer and a w/b edger. I wasnt making fun of your truck and trailer just asking what do you use for mowers ect.
  5. Nelson

OK.. If I took it the wrong way I also Apologize.
    My mowers are a 32" Proline W/B W/Sulky.
    I also have a great deal that I cannot pass. It's a
    Toro Z for $3000.00. I have a friend that owns his
    own Toro Shop. I am blessed because I am always getting
    offers like this from him. This is the second Toro Z with
    this price in 2 Months. I am just hesitant, because #1
    I really do not have the Demand yet for this mower &
    #2.... I know he will turn me on to some more deals @
    anytime !!!!!!!
  6. scagman

Sounds like a great deal $3000 for a new ZTR I wouldnt pass that up. How does your 32" (belt right) do with a sulky is it a 1 or two wheel?
  7. Nelson

It is a Belt driven W/ 2 wheel sulky. It does great for what I do now. I went with this mower for starting out, because it will go threw any gate.

I know it's a good deal on that Z, but like I said not really a demand for me now. Plus he is always calling me with deals like that. We Graduated together, He really looks out for me.
    That's a good thing !!!!!!! :D

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

Nelson, You are not going to get very far with these questions. I've been in this business for 8 years now. 5 part-time and 3 full-time. It's been very rewarding for me. The thing that has pissed me off the most is that there is another guy around here that cuts full time and has done so for about 14 years. When I went full time he looked at me like I was a scrub and thought I would just be a piss in the wind, he was very wrong. Well to make a long story short, this guy came pretty much straight out and ask me how much money my business was bringing in per year, even went as far as saying he liked to make 5,000.00 per month. I don't give a crap what he makes, but I tell you after 14 years in business I hope to have single contracts that total that much per month. I'm just saying do'nt worry about what other people make, go out there work hard, stick to your word, and thank god for your health and you should not have any problems making the money in this business. Just my .02 cents.
  9. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i think this thread is for a SOLO op.i would like to see the solo op who can handle the work load it would take to make 5g's per contract.is that a bird? is that a plane? no it's superscaper!able to mow a football field in a single pass!
  10. MWS LAWN

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

LJ, It's very possible for a solo operation to make that in one contract per month. Not thinking residential. Would have to be commercial- as in industrial or a municipal corporation. One contract, severial locations. You don't even have to be superman to think that one out, just have all of your properties close together. O by the way most of the big industrial sites pay more than that for complete maintenence. Cut two days, landscape two days take Fridays off, bring in a cool 80,0000.00 a year in some cases.