1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gross sales per year

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Dec 16, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

No Pete, I think you need to show the rest of us the way. I sure would like to know how to achieve a 33% net!!

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I can only hope we won't be seeing that on youtube...

3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

4. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

That's exceptional business considering you're probably like us and are unable to work the full 12 months out of the year....at least I'm assuming since you're in NY. We usually get 8 months of installing lights...maybe 9 if we're really lucky.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Dave, I would love to get 9 months of outdoor lighting in a year... Here we wrap up around Dec. 1st and then start major service around April 15th with installs starting around May 1st.

The first couple of years was really hard... now that I have developed a strong interior lighting biz, things are much better year round. Next goal is to get my distribution arm humming, and to branch into retail. Vertical integration is a strong strategy for growth and sustainability, if you can find the niches.

Have a great day.

6. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dave. 9 month season. I don't need to sell retail or do interior lighting to stay afloat. Guess I'm doing better than most from the feedback. Chomping at the bit to get started in 08. planning for even a bigger yr.

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

James,
    I would be interested to know how you went about transitioning your business to the interior side as well. This is very appealing to me as you can do some crazy things with interior lighting. How did you cross over from a marketing standpoint? Did you just approach builders about your services for new construction or is a lot of your work remodeling for homeowners? I for one would be more than happy to get out of the cold in the winter time. I am not as hot blooded now as I was when I was 20.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim I would be happy to tell you how I did this transition... but not here. It would be too long winded. Give me a call sometime at the office, or send me an email to my office address. I will fill you in then.

Have a great day.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks James,
    I will get your number off your web site.

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Plan on making more not doing more :) big difference. I would not go to crazy if this was your first year going then the increased overhead can be a big shock. Make sure you have a good business consultant.
    here is a group that I have worked with give them a call you will not be dissappointed.

www.practicaldecisions.com I do think they work in your area.