ground blowers vs backpacks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 9, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i did a two pretty big spring cleanups today and used my new echos i love them but my ground blower still my favorite for cleanups back packs for beds....

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'd like to know how these are so different from a backpack. If you just go by MPH they seem to have less velocity. Is it all cfm's or what. How do they work in a parking lot?

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 Echo 58CC PB60 Blowers and 2 Little wonder 10hp blowers. Back pack works great on detail and light duty work but being in Maine and we do as much as 15 sandings through our plowing season these walk behind blowers are a god send they will blow sand and debri flying!!!! No competion between the two on cleanups in spring. We some times use them in fall cleanups too when we can blow the leaves back into the wood line. They both offer different uses but where we are you need both.

4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I started with a Stihl BR400 backpack. I was so impressed (even compared to Shidaiwa EB600, $200 more). I took on a couple of hotels and thought I might need a parking lot blower, but tried blowing the lots with 2 Br400's instead and its just as fast. I now own 3! They are simply the best

5. i love em both. i have a fradan 9hp briggs / vanguard and a small billy goat 5 hp briggs. i also have 3 backpacks. i really like the backpack / push combo. however this year i am gonna be bagging all clippings so lets see how much of the push blower i use.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just bought the JRCO blower buggy for my Little Wonder. No more pushing! I can't wait to finish these cleanups and use it for Fall as well!

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

its probably a more effective way to moveum
    from the ground level. for that i just use a mower though.
    never owned the groundblower type