ground cover planting

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by STRINGALATION, Aug 9, 2007.

1. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

could use a little help here.
    I have got 128 sq ft that i want to turn into an ivy bed. if it matters there are two beds @ 16 x 4 i have decided to go with 6 - 24 packs depending on availabilty i may swich to a euonymous or ajuga variety
    any .02 is welcome

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Your question is?

3. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

that was a little loose i was anxious to get back to the design.

my question was is that enough to give it a not so thin look. making the customer feel it isworth the price. he is having a privacy fence installed and does not want to cut the out side any more, an area of 135 x 4. i have decided since the fence stops 31 feet short of the whole lenght and turns into a hedge i'm gonna drop the g- cover beneath it. there is a 30 degree slope on the 4' direction

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The size of the original plants compared to recommended spacing is the determining factor. Cheap people spread it out beyond the recommended spacing others may cut it down to 50% just to make it look full.
    I would check around and find ivys that will grow adequately. I have 2 varieties of essentially the same type of vine. One took over the entire wall before the other got established. Typically the cheaper ones grow best.