Ground Driven Lawn Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MySide, Jan 25, 2012.

1. MySide

MySide LawnSite Member

Having enough lawn applications to need a something more than a backpack sprayer, I'm looking into the Wheel Spray Company's WS-490 and Earthway's S25 Spray-Pro. I'm looking for any input on these.
    Thank you!
    Brian

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to also add in TurfEx's TL80 unit. Battery powered electric spray control instead of ground driven. Your output would be more consistent that way without depending on your walking speed. Not sure on price on these units, but I am intrigued.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

There is a thread on here somewhere in which a guy has one of the earthways for sale at like $250.00. It is a current thread.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Those ground driven sprayers do match output to walking speed rather precisely. The pump is a tube squeezed by a cam driven by the wheel. A peristaltic pump. Not much pressure, but the faster the wheel goes, the more liquid comes out. No pressure and no ability to increase the volume applied per area.

6. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Earthway and use it a few times per year. It is hard to push when full. Lots of resistance from the sprayer drive attached to the wheel. Another way you can look at it, its a great leg work out.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That is why the 12v Turfex unit looks attractive, no?