1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ground leveling

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by scottyb13, May 11, 2009.

1. scottyb13

scottyb13 LawnSite Member

I have to level and seed about an acre of property that I have somewhat cleared. It needs to be leveled.Its a little rutted from doing some clearing with a skidsteer. I have an availability of a skidsteer with a straight bucket. Its a big yard and I want to do it the easiest possible way. I know i'll pull my hair out by doing it with just a straightbucket and more than likely not get it leveled. Any suggestions? Harley Rake ? Any kind skidsteer attatchment hopefully I can rent to make tis as painless as possible? Thanks in advance. I have done small yards with a skidsteer and with some "by hand" work but this one, I am in a little bit over my head and I want to get it done!

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Is the area you cleared once wooded? If so the harley rake would work better then a tiller.

3. scottyb13

scottyb13 LawnSite Member

I am being told there an attatchment to the skidsteer named the "Intimidator", easiest and best to use?

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

A tractor & rake will get it done with far less compaction than a skid.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I am not familiar with the "Intimidator". I have only used a tracked Dingo with a Harley Rake and also one with the cultivator.