Ground logic spray boom

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Apr 20, 2014.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just modified mine with flood jets, also tried the AI tips would prefer the AI but not enough distance!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Okay then -- what's the spray width?

3. RABBITMAN11

Tee jets 8 feet, AI 7 feet, depending on the angle I get 9 to 11 feet with floods. Trying to get the angles right in order to match the spread. In no way am I a expert on this just tying to get a spray pattern that I'm comfortable with. I am a Zspray guy and the spray pattern on the Z spray IMOF is the best. Hopefully this makes a improvement.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

According to gl, 9 feet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

We measured all of ours to consistently spray 6.5 ft and used that for calibration purposes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RABBITMAN11

I feel like the flood jets work the best for this set up!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds very similar in tip placement and location, if not in design to my old PG Ultra. It used 2 turbo floodjet nozzles that were positioned a couple of inches inside the front tire width and were set so they overlapped each other. If I angled them up slightly, I could spray approx. 11.5-12 ft wide. I might have been able to get a little wider with a higher gpm pump. Hated that there was no bypass agitation or a wand for trimming but loved the coverage for open areas

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

My old PG Ultra was fairly good. I sold it years ago. Here is the pattern in concrete.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/album.php?albumid=334&pictureid=2251

Some areas are a bit more wet than others. What does your pattern look like using water on cement? Ideally put a measuring tape across the pattern so we can see the result. The pic shows about 11 feet, I think. If you angle the nozzles up or turn them outward the pattern can be a trifle wider. But too wide results in a thin spot in the middle.

9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's with the boom?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

So what are the stock tips with the Ground Logic bar? Flood Jets?