Ground logic spray boom

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Spray some water over a known area to find your own rate. Don't take their word or mine
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chamber143

Chamber143 LawnSite Member

My stock tips were putting out 14 ounces each at 1000 sqft. 28 ounces total over the said area. Made my GL go over 54000 sqft instead of 48000

3. Efficiency

from zone 6

since we are the only ones having issues with our GL's, Ill keep updating each time we loose production time to these machines. Had 3 machines out today doing production in between rain storms. After a down pour, machine #2 runs fine in N but in 1, 2, or R dies. Take it to dealer and its an electrical circuit board that took a crap. Blamed it on the rain. Hello? These things work outside.

BTW, our z sprays keep clicking hours.

I think Ill tag these posts too so it shows up better in searches.
    GL, Ground Logic, Pathfinder

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Efficiency I think Brice hooked you up with a few of their 'factory seconds' at a low, low price. :)

5. Efficiency

from zone 6

Da, we got these 3 from a dealer. They have been great with giving us a loaner and fixing us on the spot as they are able. I have to believe Brice watches these forums and no pm, email, call, etc. Guy is a dunce.

BTW, our ground logic #1 yesterday blew a hose clamp. Saving money for the mfg using plastic clips and not stainless hose clamps seems to be a bad decision. Tech for that route had ti skip 5 homes yesterday so dealer could diagnose leak on that machine. Sent us off with 10 stainless clamps and said replace as needed. As I said eariler, plan to rebuild the entire hose system on these.

Tags: GL, ground logic, pathfinder
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Efficiency

from zone 6

I've completely forgotten to update this thread as we keep having issues. I'm so sorry!

So apparently drive belts on ground logic machines only last ~175 hrs. We went thru a spell where we couldn't keep enough belts on trucks. Guys got really good at changing belts in the field.

Most recently, one of our machines was in the shop for 3 WEEKS! waiting for a factory spray pump. It died 1.5 months outside of warranty at about 350 hrs and Brice won't step up and cover it. Holly crap, if you are going to take that long to deliver a pump, at least comp it for us. That's 15k in revenue we would have been out if the dealer didn't step up with their loaner.

Again, I would STRONGLY suggest buying z sprays. Next day shipping for just about everything and guys who actual answer the phone.

Brice, you have my email and pm here but never heard back from you. I'll shut up when you start providing decent customer service. I don't even want great, just decent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Got 7 Ground Logics out everyday and although we have has a few issues here and there especially with carburators (which is a Honda issue not a GL issue)...our 7 machines are money makers.

Yes the Z's are much better built...but they also cost 1.5 times as much and can't go everywhere (gates).

Not sure why you are having so many issues.

When I call Brice...he always takes my call or calls me back and we get our parts next day or so. We always keep as many parts on hand as we can anyways to reduce downtime.

8. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 units and haven't had any problems until a few weeks ago. it's the same rcreech is dealing with is the carburetor....that sucks your having issues hopefully they'll
    Address it...I can't comment on service I've only had to order drive belts twice..and it was fine...but that was last year
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

What Honda engine does the Pathfinder use? The GX160?

Funny you guys are having problems, I have an older PG Mag with that engine and it starts first pull every time and has been bulletproof.

10. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand the ease of training guys in a ground logic. But I would take a z over a ground logic. Have one ground logic and it is repair prone. Z are tanks and run and run. Just bought two new Zsprays
    Posted via Mobile Device