1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grounds crew positions

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by Springmeadows, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering, I have often thought of getting job on a major league baseball grounds crew. What kind of experience do you need? Has anybody done it on here? What was it like? Good experience or bad?

Just wondering I have been running my own company for so long I just think of making changes. I think I would like it, but I don't know.
  2. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

what is going on in NC. I've seen a couple of adds that say its not going so well for yard maintenance , or landscaping? whats up?
  3. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

The market died last summer and has not rebounded. June of 08 things dove... still not coming around. Our county has 17% unemployment and most people here are self employed which makes it higher. There are no jobs available at all, people are either leaving for other places or staying at home collecting unemployment.
    They say things are getting better but not here. Everything here job wise was second home market related. Foreclosures are everywhere and things are not selling unless it's 50% of value. Pretty bad....
  4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have thought about doing something like that too. I am in college right now, but would like to do something in the landscape field when I get out. I just wonder if something like working for a baseball grounds crew would be a full time thing though?