Grounds Guys Franchise

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by sharpcuts, Oct 26, 2011.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a plain and simple fact for you, if you had such practices going on with this company why didn't you call the corporate offices? I've not known any such things around here to back up your story!

2. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

We did that would be when we threatened legal action
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cpllawncare

There are always a few bad apples you can't judge the whole franchise by the actions of one franchise alone, just sayin.

4. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

Just saying I know the franchises out this way are are screwing everyone they can our only saving grace is that people are starting to see their true colours
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

With my experience in dealing with the Dwyer Group most of the people I have delt with have been very helpful and knowledgeable on any questions I have had... If you have a group following you and talking to customers after you leave that does not sound like the "usual" group of the Grounds Guys... It sounds like some dumb ass trying to milk your customer, but it does not sound like any of the people I have talked to with the Grounds Guys at all...

6. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

We'll it is good to hear that their not all a bunch of screw balls but which ever route you choose to go just rember your clients will always appreciate you more if you are honest with them than if you try to push unnessarry services on them your clients talk and word of mouth is always great advertising
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cpllawncare

Aaron,

I would find out who the local franchise owner is and talk to him, he may not even be aware of what's going on, I've been in situations myself where my guys are doing stuff I was unaware of until a customer told me and I very quickly put a squash on it. When you have multiple crews out and around it's hard to know what all is going on, as an owner we can't be everywhere all the time, and as the old saying goes "When the cat is away the mouse will play"

8. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

I'm under the assumption they know because they are leaving their card
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

mcdonalds started somewhere
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Franchise vs having a subcontractor as your primary customer?
    Posted via Mobile Device