1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grounds keeper pro software?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jason Rose, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone use it? Does it speed the billing process?

What I am looking for is a way to make my monthly billing go quicker. The past couple of years I've used 2-copy type forms that I made on my computer and then print out with an old fashioned dot matrix printer. They work pretty well and I only make them half sheet so I get 2 per page. The only catch is that all info is filled out by hand and is time consuming when I'm working 70 to 80 hrs. a week. Also looking for something that will be used for pest/herbi. applications, wondered if it works for that as well... I am down loading the trial program now, I hope that it is not too complicated to use!

Any feedback would help! Thanks in advance!
  2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Great program you will be happy with it.
  3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Extremely pleased with the software. All aspects of it are great. Well worth the investment. Speeds the billing process up tremendously...you'll be pleased. Very easy to get the hang of..
  4. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

I have demoed Lawn Monkey, and Groundskeepers Pro, and I have found that Groundskeepers Pro has performed better in the daily lawn care maintenance.
  5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how you guys are doing your billing for residentials. Do you actually mail out statements? We either get paid when we are there or just leave a statement behind in a self addressed envelope. When it comes in we just mark paid in the book. I worked for years developing software and troubleshooting workstations but still prefer the old fashioned book method. Does the software really gain you anything on residentials?
  6. Husker1982

Yes it is an advantage. I too years ago did the bill in the mailbox bit and found that billing by mail was easier. This way you don't forget to leave it. The only down fall is postage cause it starts to add up. I bill at the end of every month and the customers like it this way cause it is one check to sign and send out.
  7. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed it a few years ago but found some flaws that could not be over looked. I am not sure if it has changed any. The main thing for me was the sales tax. In ohio you have to keep track bu county. It would not let you do that. It would show a total for sales tax but not break it down by county. Another is that it was a little bit inflexable to bend it to the way I do things as far as setting up my apps.
    I use quickbooks and qxpress from alocet. The two programs work together very well. It will cost more but far worth it.

remeber - you will get what you pay for. The program is not cheaper just because they are nice people.
  8. Husker1982

It has changed. There is now Grounds Keeper Pro which is what I have. I came from using Quicken products and went with GKP and will not look back. You are right you do get what you pay for and the cheaper ones are not because they are nice
    GKP =$349.00
    Quick Books =$239.00

I own both.
  9. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I probablly shouldnt ay this but I got GKP for free! And it is definetly the best money I never spent. :D
    But seriously it is a good program from what I can see, I am new to this business this year, but it seems like it does everything and then some.
  10. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

well the next question is where did u get it free?? can you share the wealth?