grounds keeper pro

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Feb 3, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought the grounds keeper pro the newest one ,, any one no any thing about it. i hope its easy to use and all taht it seemed ok. let me know anything anyone
  2. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I use it to run my Biz. Works great. Check my profile go to my website and get my phone Number and we can do a tutorial. We can't post websites or numbers on here.

I'll check this post in a day or so. Also I bet that Groundskeeper should chime in here and provide some input to the forum they love to sponsor.
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

???????????? sure you can......
  4. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

We got it to run our business and it is great. Easy to use and you can get preprinted paper where the bottom tears off to send with payment. Great stuff and really professional looking.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a degree in accounting. I had a copy of Groundskeeper Pro a few years back. I threw it away. It would mean I had to keep 2 sets of books. The expense side of Groundkeeper really sucked.
  6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

7. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

lawn jockey i havent recieved it yet but i will cal you when i get it its in the mail thank you !
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Like I said, mine was a few years back...but...

You could only put in expenses relating to the customer/job only. It would not let you set up other business expense accounts. More to expenses than landscaping supplies. It would not let you set up equipment maintenance accounts, truck accounts, office accounts, insurance accounts, etc. All these are business expenses that I would have to keep track of in Quickbooks and then double account for the direct input expenses that were per job. Groundskeeper would have been a good routing/job software, but then another software for the real business books would have also had to be maintained.

I want to have a complete snapshot of the BUSINESS at any point, not a income only snapshot. I want to be able to examine in detail any part of my business to make informed decisions. Quickbooks and Peachtree are business and accounting specific programs that can analyze and give reliable answers.

Groundkeeper may have some of these issues fixed by now...I don't know. But as a former accountant, that is a very detailed and complicated task, I am not sure I would trust a green industry program company to have all the programing and general accounting principles perfect. Dealing with the IRS, auditors, banks, and other lending companies at some point, I wouldn't want my liability to increase because of it.
  9. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I just decided today . I'm going with QXpress. Been using quickbooks for 4 years and Qxpress works great w/ 1 set of books.
  10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

They may have updated the sofware since I got it. I know I can set up different folders within the expense accounts and keep track of everything you mentioned. I do think theres a few areas that can be improved in the program, but overall I'm happy with it.