grounds wheelie

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by voglernut, Apr 1, 2008.

1. voglernut

voglernut LawnSite Member

have any of you ever used or know any information about the grounds wheelie spray units. i found their website while doing some searches, www.wheelspray.com. looks like it might work on smaller yards. i'm trying to stay away from the backpack sprayer if i can.

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the permagreen sysnergy sprayer instead. It lets you do both granular and liquid at the same time. With the grounds wheelie you still have to do granulat fert, because liquid fert will clog the nozzle.

The gounds wheelie I was quited between 585 for the lowest end model, and $690 for the higher end model.

Also, the grounds wheelie sprays 1 gallon per 1000 sq ft, and the synergy sprayer 1 pint. You have to carry alot of water with you to use the grounds wheelie. I have a 35 gallon tank in the back of my truck and have never filled it to the top with product, even for a 12 hour day.

The cost of the synergy and lesco spreader together was $700.

3. TurfBusiness

TurfBusiness LawnSite Member

I have used an Allen sprayer (5 gallon unit) for years to spray a single putting green that I take care of. Works great for fetilizers and fungicides

4. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

I bought one off of craigslist last week, I have a 60 gallon tank sprayer and followed the advice of another LS member and just put plain water in it. I fill the wheelie when it gets empty, it works great. Better than dragging hose all day, you can cut each boom on and off when needed. I paid 275.00 for mine, I called the company for some parts and there customer service is great. My properties are from 10,000-15,000 sq ft. It is very fast and takes little space in the trailer. How are the synergy sprayers anybody, I use lesco spreaders anyway.

5. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I've never used one but FWIW a university researcher told me recently that they found them to be pretty darn accurate in terms of application rate.

6. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

I am going to do you a huge favor. Look up the Demco Garden sprayer. $288 plus shipping. No pneumatic tires to go flat. The cart tires make it easier to push, otherwise works on the same principles as the Grounds Wheelie. I did however change the nozzles to Teejet turbojet 5 (brown). This gives you over 10,000 sf per 5 gallon tank, and seems like better coverage. This is from much trial and error. Save yourself alot of time and hassle, and take my advice.

7. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

LushGreen
    Thanks for the heads up on the Synergy - I've been waiting for something like that. I will still use the Demco for small areas, and for certain times of the year when I don't spread fert, but I'm sure I will get a Synergy too. How does that smaller wheel in the back work out? Seems like it is too small.

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

9. voglernut

voglernut LawnSite Member

the demco sprayer is no longer available. they will special make them if you order 100 or more. they are leaving it out of their next catalog. not enough sold.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

can any of these handle liquid fertilizer?