Groundskeeper or Clip??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hawkeye5, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been playing with the demo versions of Groundskeeper and Clip Lite. I'm small and solo, so I don't really think I need the full versions. Right now, I lean more toward the Groundskeeper Lite, but that may be because the GK demo version seems to have more functionality than the Clip demo. I'm sure others have made this decision and I would like to know what your decisions were based on and what you think of the fully functional product. JD

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I recently purchased Lawn Monkey and really like and think that it is easy to learn. They also have a forum here to post any questions. I have been thinking about upgrading to Qxpress, which is the same as Lawn Monkey but interfaces with Qucik Books and has more features. I am small right now, but wanted something I could grow into and this was decision that I made.

MATT

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

If you try QXpress and quickbooks, how won't be dissapointed. I started using these at the beginning of this year and have had a blast scheduling, invoicing and setting up contract payments. The automation still amazes me. I would recommend this to anyone well worth the money. Also alocets support is second to none...:D

4. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using groundskeeper pro since the first of the year and love it , does all I need it to do for now anyway.It is priced right,free updates,great tech support.Good Luck

5. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

How does QXpress compare cost wise and ease of use to Clip? I've been playing with Clip demo a little and it seems incredibly difficult to use. But it promises all kinds of functionality. I plan on having Quickbooks, and either QXpress or QClip. I like the sounds of GK, but it does not appear to interface with Quickbooks, and that's important to me.

Randy

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I believe that Qxpress is around $850 and QClip is in the neighborhood of $2000. From what I have heard is Qxpress is pretty much the same as Lawn Monkey as far as the view goes, but with more features. Groundskeeper Pro is around $350, but like you said, it does not interface with Quickbooks.

MATT

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I really like the folks that wrote and sell Groundskeeper but I didn't buy it after the initial evaluation. There was some chatter last year about Groundskeeper slowing to a crawl once you started adding data and the data accumulated over a period of time. I went with Lawn Monkey on the rental option for one year. LM has plenty of features but more features than I really need to operate my business. Just for fun, I think that I will try Clip for the 2003 season.

8. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually the QClip is $450, according to the web site and magazine ads.

Randy

9. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

i have used groundskeeper pro this year and it works well for me, probably the best value for a small to medium lawn maintenance co. It is extreamly quick for me with about 90 customers, it is limited as far as interfacing though. That is the biggest drawback, however I am not yet willing to spend the money for the others.

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Even if you are small don't get the clip lite version, because you're allowed to have only 50 or 80 customers I can't remenber for sure, think about all those one time jobs.