GroundsKeeper Pro 2000 Software

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Spencer, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Spencer

Spencer LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used GroundsKeeper Pro 2000 Landscaping/ Lawn Care Software for Business Management?

GroundsKeeper is a business management software for people in the landscaping and lawn service industries. This software is supposed to be lawn business specific software.

Features include scheduling, routing, billing, customer maintenance, job estimating, payroll, and tracking business expenses. Sells for $289.95

If anyone has used this, what are positives/negatives? How does it compare to CLIP or LawnMonkey?

I appreciate all the help I've received on this forum. I received a lot of professional advise on my first post. Thanks to all who reply.

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see from your profile that you've just started your business this year. Assuming that you're still rather small (account wise) take some advise that may save you some money. Don't jump onto the bandwagon of thinking that you just can't survive without a fancy software program that does everything imaginable. Lets assume you have 100 accts. That's 20 lawns per day X 5 days per week. Divide a sheet of paper into 5 columns writing 20 account addresses into each column. Bingo, there's your scheduling problem solved. Now what about invoices and statements? Go to http://www.medlin.com and download their Accounting program and install their Accounts Recievable module. Try it out, it's easily customized, and easy to learn, plus it doesn't take up much hardrive space. Now the best part, it's only $35 with unlimited support. Bingo again. I've been using it for the last 6 or 7 years and still haven't found a better billing program, and believe me, I've tried Clip, Lawn Monkey, Quicken Pro and many more. If you have a small business (under 100 accts) you just don't need all the stuff that goes with Clip etc.

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

comparing it to the others it is not even close...it was poorly written..their demo had bugs in it

4. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

Mowerman is right,I 'm two years, the money can be used for more important things.
    I bought groundskeeper 3.4 and thought about upgrading later for $150 more.
    I think there are better programs out there for $300!
    Don't get me wrong, 3.4 is cool and all but you live and you learn.

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have and still run the grounds keeper program(2 yrs) it is the best for the cheapest amount i have not had the oppotunity to try these other programs yet the only thing that i am looking to get now are some graphing options which grounds keeper does not have yet

the version 3.4 mentioned is overa year old and they have had two free updates since then

easy to learn,good starter program, gets you into billing and routing quick and simple which is what i use it for primarily

eventually will spend more money if need be to get a better program to crunch numbers better

6. Eric Green

Yeah same game plan here.For now it will do.
    My next purchase will be for the higher tech program.
    Since I have a while to grow yet,That stuff can wait!

7. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

I use this software and highly recommend it!!!!!!!!! Tried Clip and hated it this makes ones days worth of billing turn into one hour. This for me was the best program!!!

8. a plus

a plus LawnSite Member

i use gopher 98 it easy for scheduling and billing but cost $300 they have a 30 day free trial (ww.goper98.com)

9. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

If you buy one of these programs (Clip or Lawn Monkey)or any other program that does job-costing, you will be far ahead of your competitors. Job-Costing will let you know how much money you are making down to the minute for each job you have.

If I had access to this type of software when I started out, I would have been 10 years ahead of where I am now. I consider my software one of the most important tools I have. Even for a "one man show" this will tell you which jobs are making money and which jobs are not. Furthermore, any accounting software like Quickbooks etc. is a must for anyone wanting to own a business unless you prefer to do everything by hand, which will take you hours and hours.

Good Luck,

John

10. Eric Green

Are these available in most stores, or over the web? I was just chatting with LewisLandscaping about that "Job-costing" dilemma a couple of days ago.It is one of my top projects,to get the all the office needs in place now, so when the snow breaks .... woo hoo!