Groundskeeper Pro and Prepay Discount

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

For those of you using this software can you help me out? Please!!! I already called them, but they didn't help that much. Hopefully someone else has a better solution than they told me.

I'm trying to give customers a prepay discount like 90% of LCO's do to improve my cash flow, but this crap software is making it very difficult (how do you create a software for lawn care and not have a prepay discount option!!!). They told me the only way to do this is to add a negative special charge, but i will have to create many "negative special charges" because customers have different discounts. It isn't like i can create one negative special charge and apply that to all of my customers.

The sales tax is killing me too. It adds sales tax to every application separately even if a customer were to prepay for the year making their sales tax smaller. I really should have researched this software better. Does this make sense, has anyone ran into this problem, any better solutions besides using something else? I spent $400 on this crap and i'm going to grind out 2007 with it at least. Thanks.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

We do a prepay discount. I don't use groundskeeper pro, I use Peachtree accounting, but here's what we do, we package the season prepay like a single service/sale at the prepay price. when someone prepays, we just invoice a "Season prepay" and then go back and give them a receipt.
    Does that make sense?
    It's very easy, about 2/3 of our fert/squirt clients prepay. I like it because I only need to enter 1 transaction for 6 services, and they are locked in for next yr. Clients like it because they get a 6% discount.

3. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Eat the 400, buy some new stuff and call it a lesson learned. $400 is cheap, any good specific software will cost in the 1000's.

4. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

under services create a service for prepay discount with a - amount

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

it only allows negative amounts in the special charges section. under services it won't allow a negative amount.

6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I have GKP and this is what i usually do. If they're pre pays i Enter charges under special charges, put in your Service example : Lawn fert program 2007
    and the amount. Then go to Apply Payments and enter their payment. You shouldn't have a negative balance, it should be zero.

7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll have to do that to each customer Though. But if you do that when you receive each check you won't have to sit there for an hour inputing #'s. Don't know how large your Co. is but this has worked well for me.

Just to add.. The one thing i REALLY don't like is the Apply Payments screen. You can' t see what you just did. Gotta be very alert.

8. lawnmasters05

lawnmasters05 LawnSite Member

I use groundskeeper pro. What I do is enter the charges for 6 months of the contract under annual lawn & landscaping maintenance since I offer a 5% discount for 6 month pre-pays. Then I go into special services and do a credit of 5% for pre-pay discount. When you print the invoice, it will show the total charged and then show the credit with the adjusted total. Hope this helps.