1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GroundsKeeper Pro or QuickBooks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn Simplicity LLC, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Lawn Simplicity LLC

Lawn Simplicity LLC LawnSite Member

Does anyone use GroundsKeeper Pro? If so, how do you like it? I am having somewhat of a difficult time on making a purchase decision. I like what I see on thier tutorials but don't really care for the tracking expenses part of it. Could possibly use Simple Start for that. Any help appreciated.
  2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Quick books
  3. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I use Grounds Keeper Pro and am very happy with it so far.I do know that the customer service is great for help with the program. I dont know about Quick books because I do not use it, but everyone I know who has it likes it.
    It all depends on what you want to accomplish with the software. I wanted somthing specificly geared towards the service industry so I chose Grounds Keeper Pro.
  4. Turf66

Turf66 LawnSite Member

I have used both and I must say Groundskeeper pro is quick and painless. Quickbooks is excellent if you would like to also integrate you checking and bookeeping into the mix. Try a free trial of Groundskeeper pro and you will be up and running in no time. I have also tried Clip software and i like it; however, be prepared to spend some book time or better yet they offer classes through the year. Hope this helps.
  5. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I switched from Quickbooks to Groundskeeper pro and love the decision its geared to the industry
  6. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Quick books is too, you just also need clip. If you have those 2, I don't think you can even compare it to groundskeeper. But that comes at a real high cost $$$. For the price you can't beat grounds keeper, it is a great program. You may also want to look at lawnpro, it is pretty good too.