Groundsmaster 220 w/62" deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Mar 6, 2000.

1. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

lawrence,<p>Those 220's are great for aerating. The deck comes off fairly easily and you can mount a $1000.00 48-60&quot; aerator. (Millcreek, etc.)<p>It's really the fastest was to aerate.

2. MJM Landscaping Inc

MJM Landscaping Inc LawnSite Member

Ive got a Kubota 18hp diesel, 60&quot; cut with about 1000 hrs for sale.$5000.00. Great condition i just dont use it anymore.<br>Mark A Musolf

3. jeffclc

jeffclc Guest

Just some things to think abou7t concerning leaving equipment on site.<p>Is the machine going to sit for days without being used while you service other accounts?<p>What if you lose the contract after one year?<p>Insurance costs with a machine stored off site?<p>Increased possibility of vandalism/theft?<p>Ability to perform maintenance/repairs in the field?<p>Would you be better off with a smaller machine that you could transport, and use on other properties?<p>Just some things to think about.<br>

4. Jeff wrote:<p>&gt;Is the machine going to sit for days without being used while you service other accounts?<p>Yes I was going to use two deticated machines<br>for that job. It is about a 50 min drive from<br>my home. I want to be able to drive my car to<br>that site taking some milage off my truck.<p>&gt;What if you lose the contract after one year?<p>I am sure Ed at tufrquip could find a new home for a $3500 toro 220.<p>&gt;Insurance costs with a machine stored off site?<br>Insurance costs on a $3500 machine? You must <br>be kidding.<p>Increased possibility of vandalism/theft?<p>Am going to have a rental 20ft container to<br>be dropped on site. With a cell phone it<br>becomes a &quot;branch&quot; office.<p>Ability to perform maintenance/repairs in the field?<p>Over 20 years ago I spent two years in <br>the Auto Tech thingy at the PA Institute Of<br>Technology. <p>Would you be better off with a smaller machine that you could transport, and use on other properties?<p>I already have a 62' toro walk behind. By<br>buying the groundsmaster it frees that 62&quot;<br>WB to become a full time road warrior.<p>Plus the groundsmaster is a better choice to<br>push around ground pounding attachments like<br>tine rakes, aerators etc.<br>

5. Alpine Landsc Maint

Alpine Landsc Maint Guest

Is the deck a side discharge or the recycler?<br>I work for a Parks Dept. fulltime and we have a 325 w/72&quot; Recycler. I like Toro and think the cut is very good. Recycler mulches leaves <br>great also. As for why this type of mower cost more, the main tracor unit is bigger than most ztr's total size.

6. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Why lay out all that money and only have one road warrior? Save the cost of additional office space and on site rental. No need to spend all those big dollars and lose your competitive edge. Toro Pro Line 62&quot; Hydro walk behind with Jungle Wheels - $1000.00/636-978-9517 Why stress your pocket book? This will also be much easier on your back.

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal. More productive than the walk behind.<br>Remember your letter/bid to the school district saying you use classic toro walk behinds with less compaction etc.<br>