GroundTec Inc equipment / work 2010

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by gtec, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Work looks good. I saw your trucks a few times back in the fall up around Street Road and York Road when I was on my way back from class.

2. gtec

gtec LawnSite Member

some late 2011 season pics. first is a before and after of a cleaning / repair job. Its amazing how many times we pull apart a landing to find the previous contractor failed to install waterproofing of any sort. :hammerhead:

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

3. gtec

gtec LawnSite Member

and a few pics of a late 2011 patio project before final grading and seeding could be done.

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

4. gtec

gtec LawnSite Member

figured I'd add this pic too.. in case anyone had doubts that a VTS system DOES put more stress on the rear wheel motors.. well, it sheared all 8 studs off right at the hub. Although I do firmly believe that our VTS system is cursed considering we've replaced (2) torsion tubes, split bogeys, idlers, as well as repaired stress cracks in the tunnels.

IMG_0301.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  5. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Your work pictures look really good! You have nice equipment as well!

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Everything looks great as usual, and that sucks about the VTS system.

7. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

When the vts is working how do you feel it compares to a normal track machine/wheeled machine. Also did you buy the vts new?

8. gtec

gtec LawnSite Member

I bought the tracks used (barely) through a CAT dealer in Louisiana. As far as a review, I feel as though the VTS is a necessary evil. I would not want to have a dedicated track machine for snow use, so having that option to remove the tracks for the winter is invaluable. The 232 is a little underpowered for the system and you can feel it with only 56hp. As many problems as I've had with the system I would not hesitate to buy these for our next machine. They are a very open design making them good at self cleaning, you'll lose less production time due to rain/mud, and we are into a "tracked" machine for much less than it would have cost to buy a dedicated track machine with the added bonus of wearing out a $400 set of tires instead of $2000 worth of tracks during the winter.

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I think this is a very true review from what I have heard from others, very good review.:clapping:

10. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Yeah I wondered if that was ETW's cummins as well?