Group rate health care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLC, Apr 25, 2001.

1. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I also have this in the Elements of Business forum but thought it might get more reads here. Are any of you guys members of a group/coop rate health care plan specific to out industry? Seems that if there is a fair amount of folks on one large policy that the rates might be a little more affordable. As I make steps towards going full time this is a large concern. If you think about the numbers of full timers on LawnSite you could probably come up with a good 40 to 50 at least which would probably qualify for some sort of group rate right there. What are your thoughts?

Ben Johnson
    Johnson Lawn Care

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This has been mentioned before, but nobody has followed through on it. Is there anyone out there that knows how to go about doing this?

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked into this a while back and someone posted this site http://www.nase.org, Someone called from my area and the rates are based on all of their members.

4. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

I would be interest if some could get
    some information (more detailed)

5. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

In Mass.if you have your own health insurance (not through spouse)then all employees need to be covered with the same
    coverage you have. If you have prescription coverage, then employee must also have the same. Right now I pay $680.00 a month for family plan and $200.00 a month for each employee that doesn't have coverage of their own. I was a member of NASE about 10 years ago and thought the plan sucked. They didn't cover basic things and the deductibles and co-payments were high and the paperwork was extensive. In the end the premiums weren't much better than a good 100 % policy
    That was a long time ago and things could have changed since then. Unfortunately, being self-employed (unless the wife has coverage) means footing the bill for health insurance, and it blows.