group rates/discounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

have you ever had a call from someone saying that them, and a bunch of thier neighbors want service, and are looking for a "group rate?" would you discount or give a group rate to 2, 3, 4, 5 clients at a stop?

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

i thought about group rate discounts. decided not to have group rates. i charge each account accordingly. i do however give senior discounts. 10% off seasonal agreement. if you pay in full.

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I would. BUT, only if I only have to send ONE bill.
    That ought to shut them up. Group discounts, my arse.

4. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting several lawns in one stop eliminates windshield time. I give discounts for groups of houses and then saturate the surrounding area with postcards and flyer's to get more. We have some stops now with 20 plus houses.
    By discounts I am talking about $5 a lawn. Most lawns here are $45

5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

I agree with TJ...added bonus? You make the group stay a group to continue to save money. This allows your customers that are participating to keep pressure on the others to continue as well, in order to kep their discount. Drive to one area and get multiple clients now invested in keeping together? That 's a no-brainer.

6. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I'll give group rates. Only about $5 each for 3 or more in one stop. Saves so much windshield time.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I only got 1 stop like that. Got 2 of the nieghbors on each side of 1 customer. Gave all 3 5 bucks off and that loocked em in. That's what iit took to close the deal. Saves me time and money so I'm not worried bout 5 bucks off a 50 buck lawn. Still $135 bucks in 2 hrs 10 min. Worth it.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Thing is you lost this treating it as one accoount it is really like you've lost 5. And what happens if they all band together and say they won't pay?

9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd definately give em' a deal... Six customers in a group? Gravy... But I do agree with the idea of making them stay a group to keep the discount..

10. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definitely make them THINK they were getting a deal. payup

I would offer comp for helping me land neighboring customers, dependent on how much they did to help. Nothing for saying "call ms. smith" though.