1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Groupon, Has any one used it for new business?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by madisonpressurewashing, Apr 6, 2011.

1. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Groupon, Has any one used it for new business? How would you shape up the add?

2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I believe they help you shape make the ad.

3. Justinp

Justinp LawnSite Member
    from Austin

I feel like groupon would make your mow so cheap you would lose alot more than you gain. Does a $15 mow sound fun? lol

4. PostcardMania

PostcardMania LawnSite Member

I agree with Justinp, you may lose money using Groupon, however, it's a great way to hit a large audience with no money up front. Plus you can prelim your offer so that Groupon has to sell a certain number of the offer in order for the deal to be on.

Personally, I'm on Groupon and I've never seen a lawn/landscaping business use the service (yet).

What are you doing to currently market your business?

5. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I was featured on Groupon last month and I would say overall it has been a positive experience. I sold just under 50 and about half have redeemed so far. I had two options to choose from; mowing up .25 acre for $15 or two hours of shrub trimming for $49. I am making zero dollars of the Groupons sold, but I have picked up a handfull of new mowing accounts and the people who bought the shrub trim option seem like they will call me next time around.