1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"Grow 8inches in 2days?" hmmm

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rainbowss, Apr 21, 2010.

1. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

So, I was doing my usual Tuesday morning yahoo answer searching and I came upon this...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006042508195

Being a naive homeowner in NY, I was very excited to hear of anything that produces quick results. yay

So, I went ahead and started the experiment. Discombobulated the top inch or so of the soil, added some of my seeds and a little fertilizer for quick feeding. :weightlifter: Then I made sure to use some clear plastic protection with some small holes in it. Finally, I chanted around the seeding. :dancing:

All that is left to do is pray that it doesn't rain. :cry:

So what do you think? Is this even feasible in the slightest? Has anyone undergone similar techniques?

What if one were to do it in a grander scale? I have bunch of bald spots in certain region and the grass that is there is thick so I don't really see me ruining there.

Anyhow, I will keep you updated at my attempt. I will be watering tomorrow morning and hope to see pronounced growth by Friday. :hammerhead:

2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Sure, it'll work. Just don;t leave the plastic on more than a couple of days. You're basically making a little green house. As far as 8" of growth in 2 days? Well, ya see, I have this bridge for sale, been in my family for generations. I hate to sell it, but I need the cash. Are you interested??

3. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

hehe, I just hope it sprouts in 2 days or I want my money back! :)

Can clear plastic be laid over existing lawn to seed some bald spots while not damaging the grass around it for 2-3days?