"Grow 8inches in 2days?" hmmm

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rainbowss, Apr 21, 2010.

1. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

So, I was doing my usual Tuesday morning yahoo answer searching and I came upon this...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006042508195

Being a naive homeowner in NY, I was very excited to hear of anything that produces quick results. yay

So, I went ahead and started the experiment. Discombobulated the top inch or so of the soil, added some of my seeds and a little fertilizer for quick feeding. :weightlifter: Then I made sure to use some clear plastic protection with some small holes in it. Finally, I chanted around the seeding. :dancing:

All that is left to do is pray that it doesn't rain. :cry:

So what do you think? Is this even feasible in the slightest? Has anyone undergone similar techniques?

What if one were to do it in a grander scale? I have bunch of bald spots in certain region and the grass that is there is thick so I don't really see me ruining there.

Anyhow, I will keep you updated at my attempt. I will be watering tomorrow morning and hope to see pronounced growth by Friday. :hammerhead:

2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Sure, it'll work. Just don;t leave the plastic on more than a couple of days. You're basically making a little green house. As far as 8" of growth in 2 days? Well, ya see, I have this bridge for sale, been in my family for generations. I hate to sell it, but I need the cash. Are you interested??

3. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

hehe, I just hope it sprouts in 2 days or I want my money back! :)

Can clear plastic be laid over existing lawn to seed some bald spots while not damaging the grass around it for 2-3days?