Growing a company with 1 truck to 50 trucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Oct 16, 2008.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone seen a company grow from 1 to 50 trucks in say 5 yeaars? I wanna go big time and was wondering what any thoughts where on it.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what part of michigan are you in?

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would do it one truck at a time because long before you get to 50 you have to get to 2 LOL
    3 would come after that, but I say once you have 1 route going nicely you can start working on 2, one day at a time.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  4. smarino21

Im in the Macomb . Oakland area . I currently have 4 trucks and i have been full time for 3 years. I love it and want more. What would be the best way , partner with someone for finance reasons and maybe one for experience. What?

5. P.Services

you may have four trucks but do you have four trucks running full time loaded down with work to the point you need a 5th or a 6th? if you have four trucks running full time i cant see you making anyless then 8k a week so i dont think finacing would be a problem if your making that kind of $$$. if you need a partner for experience maybe you should stay small for a little longer and get it your self?? just ideas. what is your biz name on the trucks? are you just looking for maintenance or do you do it all?

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Do I have to be the first one to call BS on this? If this was the case, you would not be on lawnsite asking how to grow your business.

BTW Power wheels don't count!

7. smarino21

no i had an offer to me and i am not sure . yes all trucks r running 60 plus hours a week but thanks you guys for your help

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

you will go crazy! but i always say, in this type of business, you either have to stay small, solo, or go big to make any good money! there is no medium in this industry.

9. P.Services

a offer to buy a 50 truck crew?

10. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

don't go for the 50 truck number just to cater to your ego. You want to build your business and shoot for a dollar amount.

It appears you are looking for a short cut.:confused:

You want to be at half million then million and so on. Because ,you can have your 50 trucks and be bankrupted.

While someone with three trucks pulling in a million with great profit margins.

The one with the biggest muscles don't always win the fight.:nono: