Growing landscape business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mcalandscapes, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Mcalandscapes

Mcalandscapes LawnSite Member

What are you guys doing to get new customers?

First a little about me:
    7th year in the business, looking to grow substantially this year.
    I am going to be a certified applicator in February, (hopefully)
    Located in north alabama.

Equipment:
    60" snapper pro ztr
    60" exmark ztr
    42" walker bagger
    Husqvarna bp blowers (2)
    2 chevy 1500 trucks
    Multiple trailers
    John Deere tractor and bush hog

What we do:
    Lawncare
    Landscape maintenance
    Mulch instillation
    Fertilization & weed control (hopefully)
    Bush hogging

So... What are you guys doing to advertise? All of my customers have been word of mouth for the last 5 years. I do mostly residential, but as you can see I'm more equipped for commercial. I do have commercial accounts and want to grow that side of my business substantially. So how are you advertising? To both residential and commercial customers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

That's the secret, man

For which I will disclose to you for 10 $15,000 installments, paid over 3 years.

PM me and I'll send you my paypal
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lawn44

lawn44 LawnSite Member

There are many ways to grow your business. Google Adwords, business to business referrals, incentive programs, craigs list, and on and on. There is a list of 25 different ways available at http://smallbusinessmarketingrevolution.com. Not all will apply to you but there are some good one for you there for sure.

4. Mcalandscapes

Mcalandscapes LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tips lawn 44 I'll check that out
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

A great (FREE) place to start is with your existing customers - both in regard to upselling them and looking to them for referrals. You stated that your business has grown solely on word of mouth - so it makes perfect sense to use these two approaches first before all else.

Remember, it's not about how many customers you have, trucks on the road, equipment in the garage or employees on payroll - it is about the bottom line - profit - the money in your pocket and the money you have to reinvest back into the business.