Growing quickly

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 24D, Jul 5, 2014.

1. 24D

24D LawnSite Member

Can those with experience please pm me some info. Looking to add 400-500 next year. Will share how to save 20% on fertilizer in exchange.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

4. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Add 5 lbs. sugar to urea per acre. Liquid spray before a nice rain. Hard to be everywhere at once when you got 4-500 accounts. 46-0-0 will disappear almost instantly in water. Weigh urea and add water in equal parts, add lots of carrier, add in 5 lbs sugar per acre.Early spring app is fading fast now, but only sprayed once this year at 100 lbs. 46-0-0/acre in 50 gallons of solution total/acre.

You can't get what ain't there, but you can try to control efficiency of what you do have.

http://anz.ipni.net/article/ANZ-3201 feed your brain today.

5. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Gosh. That sounds about impossible. Who wants that many clients anyways?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 24D

24D LawnSite Member

Just looking for some tips. I will be using Planimeter measuring app and giving estimates over phone. Getting to the new customers in at least a a week or two seems like a challenge. Currently i am training two applicators to take over my current base. I will run the new routes myself so i can adjust pricing and address special needs.

7. 24D

24D LawnSite Member

Should i just go ahead and get another tech in place? Anyone with experince running a route and answering that much call volume at the same time?

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

There's one person in this thread you should talk to. I'm not telling you who he is. You have to figure it out

Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

no secret. market very heavy and have a large marketing campaign timed as close to spring as you can and get ready for the phones to explode. EDDM post cards. door hangers. advertising shoppers. Again a large advertising budget and timing then get ready for the phones to roll

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Sugar huh? I'm sure it helps the weed control stick to the weeds. Interesting

I didn't see anything in that article you provided the link for about adding sugar? Where did you get this idea from?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014