Growing your Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Mar 25, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

How many accounts did you handle before you decided to add an employee or two?

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

65 was all I could handle alone. Mostly residential.

3. i just hired guys last year. the first guy i had i think i was around 30 accounts? and in high school. but they were large accounts. then when i went off to college i had maybe 15 and i hired my guy part time on the books. he wants to go fully on the books this year and do the 40 hour deal. he has a drivers liscence and everything. just depends on what needs you have. i cant be around that much and need somebody to do the general grunt work that i have gotten to hate. i just do the hard to do stuff like tree work and help out every now and again with grass and landscaping.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

soon as I realized .....my business was running me and not me running the business

which was when ....even with a partner....could not handle all the work which must be perfomed to maintain the properties at the level we had set as a standard

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have to hire another one like yesterday. fun fun. im not looking forward to it, but i have to.