growth for next year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Nov 1, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just wanted to get an idea of how much everyone wanted to grow by this time next year.... we have 34 residentials and 1 commercial... my goal for next year is 60 residentials and 5 commercials.... whats everyone's goals for next year??? thanks for the reponses..

lawnwizards....

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

well since i am going full time in spring. I want to have 40+ Lawns. I have 20 right now. And just shy of 1 grand per week. Just cutting.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Very big plans but I will wait till Bush is elected before I act on them when I plan on growing with 10s of thousands of dollars in new equipment I want a friend in the white house not some one that will do away with my deductions.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my goal is to increase my customer base by 2/3. Big challenge ahead, but I already have about 20% of those 2/3 setup.

5. lawnwizards

tiedeman, you seem to know what youre talking about.... do you think my goal is to low or to high or right on target...? thanks..

lawnwizards

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how badly do you want them to be exactly residential and commerical accounts? What if you got 65 residentials and no commericals? It also really depends on your area. I feel that if you stick to that goal and REALLY work HARD at it starting right now, I feel that by next spring you can have your goal achieved.

7. lawnwizards

i know that commercial accounts are a crap shoot.... more then likely you'll keep your residentials... commercials may come and go.... but i sure do like the money from commercials....

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Im shooting for about for a 40% increase in business, whether it be 1 more account or 30. Although 30 would be better I dont want to much riding on one job. Best time to get prime accounts for next year is to start getting them now.

9. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on going full time as well next year. This year part time I had 35 homes and 3 commercials, already have 2 hotels for next year. Plan on 5-6 large commercials, and 60-70 homes by myself with 1 part time perhaps. Have to go from 40k to 125-150k gross. Also just bid on a complex with 10 building for next year at 125k, so if I get that, my brother in law is also quitting and we are both going full time partners, and that along with this year's base and growth would put us well over 200k gross

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Well phase one complete Bush won. Now I can breath easy I will be adding 1 new truck 2 new trailers selling a belt wb adding 2 hydro wbs and 3 more lazers. And as many accounts as I can handle we are going to shoot for 300 and see where we find our selves.