growth reg for ditches ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by befnme, Mar 31, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

just wondering if anyone does this . i have some nicer places with beautiful centipede in the ditch bank but i dont wanna trim it all summer with every mowing .

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

use a real light mixture of roundup...

3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Stupid JMO

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

its on the label! I believe its 1oz per k. I have never tried it but would like to hear from someone who has.

5. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=066996

Primo, its expensive but goes a long way, works even better w/some iron mixed in.:cool2:

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If it is real nice and you want it to stay looking that way then the reccomendation you had for primo would be mine as well. Like he said some Iron is nice to use with it, and it may not be a bad idea to mix in a broadleaf weed control product if there are any weeds. The weeds will grow even if the grass does not, so killing them is a good idea. If the ditch has water in it be sure to check your lable! Roundup has been used as a regulator for a long time, but I don't think it will give you the appearance you are looking for as it is likely to make the lawn look dormant (brown). Embark with iron would probably get you by for less money. I have used it next to Primo both mixed with Iron, and could not tell much of a difference. I don't know if it would always be the case as primo is supposed to have properties that make it superior to Embark, but in one test area with multiple applications I could not discern much difference except I don't think the Embark area grew quite as fast.

Good luck, and read that label.