Growth Regulator For Shurbs?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AMBASSADOR LAWNS, Apr 9, 2005.

1. AMBASSADOR LAWNS

AMBASSADOR LAWNS LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used any type of growth regulator
    for bushes and shrubs.
    There are some on the market such as
    Atrimmec, Cutles and Embark.
    Any information on any of these products
    and there results would be great.
    Thanks!!

2. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I don't but am thinking about for commercial proerties. I know someone that does on his commericals because he price them for 3 prunes, and by spraying them he only prunes once a year. Saves time and money. Not sure of what product he uses.

3. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I use Atrimmec on every shrub I hedge, and it work great. I only hedge 1-2 times a year, and with less mess to clean up.

4. AMBASSADOR LAWNS

AMBASSADOR LAWNS LawnSite Member

Have you found that it's better to apply Atrimmec
    after you do your first cut or does it matter.

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we use embark on some of our fast growers.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Been using Atrimmec for a couple of years and it works very good. We usually
    get a full season out of 1 application.

money well spent!

7. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Dennis, just out of curiosity, when you apply with your BP sprayers, how far does the mix go? How many shrubs per gallon, etc. If I recall correctly, the label states one gallon should cover 600 sf. And do you make sure that the entire shrub gets soaked?

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Jeff
    I have always sprayed as much of the plant as possible. i spray to wet it just before run off. I feel that I get more than 600 sf per gal.
    On shrubs that don't grow as fast as others I spray lighter.

9. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

When you say you usually get 1 season out of an app, do you mean you only have to trim 1x per year or do you have to trim half as much, or what? Also, our shrub season here is from about now thru October. Is that about what SC is too?

Thanks

10. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

when you apply it after a structural pruning it will cause the nodes to increase per square inch.....it's the best thing out there.

I've even used it in hydro systems, even though it's not labeled for that, and it rules!
    2/oz to the gallon goes along ways...I'll zap something abit harder that grows crazy...you'll figure out what needs how much of a soaking...trick is to do it in the spring...and maybe a light one in fall..if you have a year round season...

:waving: