Growth regulators for trees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn DOG, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a few different products that control gumballs, walnuts and a few other unwanted fruit bearing trees. Decided to go to the trenches and see what you guys are using and what you would recommend.
  2. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

:) I use ATRIMMEC on shrubs, life has NEVER been the same....;)
    Once you master the PERFECT time to apply....bang! Season's over.....mind you we have a 10 month grow season and I do 2 aps w/ 1 shape shear, then a "MILD" trim on regrow (12 weeks or so) w/ 2nd ap.......:D
    I understand some people do a deep root feed and inject the atrimmec, I can see how this would rock under certain soil conditions.....FOLIAR works great.
    Good Luck and look into Proxy for lawns...;)
    Or this
  3. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply goundsguy. I was starting to think nobody else used any.
  4. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

:) Without them there'd be LESS FREE-TIME's all about $$$$$, and they WILL help you if you do much pruning.
    Try 'em on turf too,;) in the spring and fall I reduce mowing cycle in half.;)
    There are some people around them who know a thing or two on them....hell- 2 4 d is a reg!
    That site may help too.:cool:
  5. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

Problem is with timing and you are talking about two different things less pruning or lawn cutting is growth related "hence the name".
    You are looking for fruit sterilzation or inhibitor EX: Florel check spelling on the name for that product. Problem that you will run into is application and timing. You might have to rake up your mistake if you know what I mean. As for ATRIMMEC that stuff is great.