Growth Regulators

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Knights Templer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Knights Templer

Knights Templer LawnSite Member

My boss wants to use growth regulators as a means to slow down the growth of shrubs. Our contracts are for a set amount of hours and money i.e. we don't get paid more to trim more often. Is this a good idea? How much does it slow the growth of shrubs and hedges? Most importantly, is it cost effective? Appreciate the feedback.;)
    Knights Templer

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Belongs in the Pesticide section... bump.

3. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

I've never used it or seen a yard that it was used on, but I've hard it browns up a little. Just something to check before using.

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i have used it on my Plumbago works pretty good didn't have a problem with turning brn..stuff works and works good i use it around my house here is a link i am sure if you check around you can find a pretty price...http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=088450...also you will spend $ on this but you will cut less and be able to have your works out some where else making $.....like i said i use it around my own house b/c i don't like to cut my plumbago's every month......

5. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

some reason the link didn't work the product # is 088450 just type that into the search on the top right and you will find it it comes in a 21lb pail...

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Cutlass (I believe the name is) is a new on the market granular that works wonders here in the nine + months of growing weather in central Texas.
    No browning, off target effects or phytotoxicity that I have observed yet on over two acres of landscape planting applied to date.

7. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

Cutlass works good, had their rep out to do some demos on houses- worked very well. But when I sat down with pen and paper - it will blow your profit margin out the door. I have a ton of HOA's, which pay a certain amount period, and it is just not worth it. I have the guys trim a little every week. Just my opinion. www.candbcustomlawns.com

8. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, You can also go to the SePRO website and pull up the label and spec sheet for Cutless 0.33G. I've used it a little on some groundcovers on some sites that are too tough to manage. But he's right, it's just not cost-efficient when you break it down. I really have enjoyed using it while working with my own backyard landscape life- size bonsai hobby (and money pit).