Growth Regulators

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DLCS, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not my first time with Bermuda. The front yard at my old house was a monostand of the original LaPrima. I've done a few Bermuda yards for people that wanted something different. With all the different varieties now available at reasonable prices with all the pro and few cons I would like to see a comeback of this misunderstood turfgrass. The blessings I need are from narrow minded HOA's that black list anything but SA and everybodies yard looks like crap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

Bermuda. I used 1/2 oz/1000 on the u3, 3/4 oz 1000 on the common, and 1 oz/1000 on areas that get weedeated. I applied a few hours after mowing.

3. Patriot Services

Did you have much yellowing at that rate?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If bermuda cannot be kept out of an SA lawn without lots of Atrazine, Assulox, and Prograss, here's your sign. I'd say it is time to start using bermuda as the lawn. Mow it low, feed it well and be done with it. With all of the fuss about fertilizer usage, pesticides, and water restrictions, mandating a grass that needs lots of those things is asinine.

5. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

No, none that I recall. I mixed it with Feature 6-0-0 w/Fe,Mg,Mn,S. That usually really reduces yellowing in bermuda in warm weather with 3way, Manor, Certainty, etc. Or at least it has for me.

6. Patriot Services

I figured you boosted the minors that's how I got around it and the enhanced density cut way down on broadleaf issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

That was my very arguement. I said there isn't a lawn in this community that doesn't already have Bermuda in it. You cite people foe dead spots and the first they do is grab the tiny bag of Scotts from Walmart and fill it in. Green is green to you people. If I wasn't growing it from seed you people wouldn't know the difference. That grass made people stop to pet my lawn. A neighbor had Zoysia and he went through hell with HOA.
    Posted via Mobile Device