growth regulators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Feb 8, 2001.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've taken on some new cemetery accounts this year and wondered if anyone has recently used EMBARK or any other growth regulator? I've used EMBARK in the past and had somewhat good success with it, but wondered if there was a better product to spray around head stones to eliminate some of the trimming. The last time I used EMBARK it lasted around 5-6 weeks and I laced it with 2-4D to help control the broadleaves. Anything to help alleviate some of the trimming is much appreciated. Thanks, Lynn

2. powerreel

powerreel Banned

3. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I tried using a growth regulator last year around the stones to reduce some of my trimming. The problem was there wasn't that much quality grass, mostly weeds. It didn't seem to have the desired effect I was hoping for. I think my problem stemmed from the fact there is absolutely no ferts or broadleaf killer apps made to these cemeteries nor has there ever been. The grass is tough and very resilient as it has never been helped along in any way shape or form. I think that aspect of cemetery mowing is the toughest to deal with. Growth regulators would probably work great on properly maintained grass, not the 'wild' grass that grows in rural cemeteries.

Matt

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I believe I've read somewhere bef lets weeds invade the affected area.