GRRRRRRR at Gravely!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a PM-34Z that we purchased new 15 months ago. We just took it into the shop to have it serviced and to get the choke fixed which was a recall. Well the dealer just called me back and said the chrome cap on the hydro resivoir broke off and let water into the hydro system. He said it needs to be flushed and this wont be covered under warranty because the system was contaminated. He quoted me $500-$600 to flush the system, replace the cap and he said warranty for the hydro system is now void because of this.

Now I just looked at the manual and the mower has a 2 year warranty. We did not brake that cap off nor did it brake off from any accidental damage because it is located UNDER the seat where nothing could have hit it to brake it off. Am I correct in my thinking that this is a manufacturing defect and should be covered under warranty? I just called Gravely and they are calling the service center where the work is being done on it. They are going to call me back shortly they said. I am telling you now if they still refuse to warranty it then they will be hearing from my attorney which happens to be a good friend of ours. We WILL get them to cover this in one way or the other! :mad:

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Wow, does your dealer not want your business? That is ridiculous! Good luck!

3. ProStreetCamaro

I guess they dont! When Gravely call's me back I am going to tell them if they dont cover it under warranty I will never buy another peice of gravely equipment and I will spread the bad word to all of our LCO friends all over this area.

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

We pay top dollar for a machine that will fall apart at the 2000 hour mark, and dealers won't do warranty work... go figure.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If I were you, I would wait to hear back from the manufacturer before I started foaming at the mouth.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

EXACTLY...........

7. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I run with Gravely equipment, exclusively. My dealer is tremendous, but more-so, I think the manufacturer is tremendous. Gravely is making a big push to take back a piece of the commercial market, so I bet they will cover such an item. -for every small step they take forward, I can't imagine them stepping backward on the guys that keep them in business.

Let us know how it goes.

8. ProStreetCamaro

Well just talked to Gravely and they only want to cover the cap itself!!! So I will now contact our attorney friend. I hate to make it come down to this but I refuse to get screwed. The dealer made it VERY obvious that they dont want our business any more so F THEM. Oh yeah the entire hydro system now has NO WARRANTY because of a defective part that wasnt our fault. I love Gravely mowers but this is our LAST Gravely and our local LCO friends will be hearing about this and how the dealer and customer support is horrible.

9. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely, being a sponsor on this site, should read and remedy this situation assuming it is not owner issue, as stated. Everyone on this forum believes that he is cutting with the ultimate mower for his situation, otherwise, he would have never bought the machine, or brand of machine. Equipment and dealer service is out livelihood. Manufacturers should not compromise our position as business owners and consumers.

10. ProStreetCamaro

Exactly. I love Gravely and feel the equipment is top of the line. But I refuse to support them any longer unless this issue is resolved. I just contacted our exmark dealer and they told me if that issue occured with one of there peices of equipment they would cover it completely under warranty because a defective part is what caused the entire problem. Now that is customer support and thats how you should treat your customers.

GRAVELY WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. Fix my problem before you loose a life long customer and a customer that normaly praises your products!