grub activity and seeding

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TOTALLAWN OF KY, Sep 20, 2004.

1. TOTALLAWN OF KY

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

Can i treat a lawn infested with grubs and still seed it.
    will the grub control hurt germination??
    dylox?? any suggestions??
    man I'm having a tough time trying to do all this seeding with new help !!
    its all this stupid simple stuff that I'm missing!!! grrr!!

2. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Check your labels, they'll tell you exactly when you can and can't.

3. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

By reading some of your other posts, Im going to guess your gonna slice seed. That maybe a problem just because the turf may not be stong enough to hold up to the sliceing. I can remember doing a aeration on a grub damaged lawn and the turf just rolling up along with the aerator.

As far a dylox goes, It will not effect your seed.

If you are able to aerate or slice the turf without damage, then do that first, before the dylox. This will allow the product to get to where it needs to faster, and not too much will get tied up in the thatch

4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Water is the main problem with dylox an seeding. If you spray the dylox and then start daily watering you will be pushing that Dylox right through the soil profile and grubs will be unaffected.

What i did this year was use Dylox at max rate and then waited 2 weeks and seeded yesterday. This worked well.

5. gscone

gscone LawnSite Member
    from NY

Hamons,

Just wanted to know, Where can you purchase Dylox in liquid form? You mentioned the word spray. Please advise.

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Be advised that I am an idiot who often does not think. I have only used Dylox granular.

7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

trichlorfon(dylox) can be had in liquid formulation but probably not under the name of 'dylox'

Ask your dealer for sprayable trichlorfon