1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grub Application Cost

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Joshuakwhit, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Alright I work for one of the large companies. We charge 2x a regular treatment just for the grub application. and on the day of treatment we charge this price plus the regular application price

So, say reg. app. 40 plus grub 80 equals on the day of treatment 120.

I this in line with with ya'lls prices?
    How do you charge?

Also,m wecharge 2x the application price for Lawn disease apps.. How do ya'll price these?
  2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I wish. My grub treatment is included in our package - that's part of what sets me apart from the competition. But my profit margin is NOWHERE NEAR that. Geez - that'd nearly double my net per customer!

And we don't have disease probs where I'm at, so I can't comment there.
  3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i think if their charging that and have good results and happy customers,
    right on----its the low ballers i dont care for- hurting or industry
  4. Joshuakwhit

Do you carry a guarantee. If cust. gets grubs after we go out spread Dylox and in the fall go back out and slice seed, we guarantee that as well.

Just trying to figure this stuff out next year I'm taking the plunge!
  5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I have been charging anywhere from 3/4 app price to 2x like you said and it seems to be working out for me. Only about 1/3 of my fert customers are signed up for grub though.

I am putting it down now and loving it.

I had to pay $40 per bag for Merit with 23-3-8 fert though. Seemed really high to me.
  6. Joshuakwhit

Yeah not all of the customers have this app done. Our complete care the pay for it all season so to those it is the cost of a regular app. but for a custom care cust. it can shock the shorts off them when they see there bill
  7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I guarantee it. If I get breakthrough I go and kill (usually w/ Bifenthrin). But I'm not reseeding... Out here it's so hot and dry that folks can't tell bug damage from drought stress. Hell, neither can 3/4 of my competitors for that matter...
  8. All Season Bill

All Season Bill LawnSite Member

Companies around here charge 10 to 12 per 1000 sq ft. If you're doing their lawn on the same day, use the fert plus grub! Good money!
  9. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Grub control I normally try and get the standard cost x2. It's not included in my program and rarely use it.
  10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

i do that also awesome on my 600.oo per application acct