Grub Control App + Fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

OK ive got a question about out 3rd fert application and our grub control....we ussually buy the Merit + fert 24-0-9 and when we bill them we will bill them for the 3rd app and for the grub control.....EXAMPLE fert app is $42.00 and the Grub app is $95.00....It is itemized on there bill but this app ends up costing them $137.00...this is how i have been doing ot the last couple of years.

Iguess i just want to make sure this is standard practice in the industry and im not riping off my customers.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Generally if my program cost is $42, the charge for merit would also be $42...

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I charge regular price for the fert application and reg price plus 50% for the grub so if the fert is $42 the grub treatment would be $73 for a total of $115 but if your getting double the fert price for grub control I wouldn't change a thing!

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That is my practice. Consider that the cost of Merit w/24-5-11 50% SCU costs 400% more than a bag of 24-5-11. I will say that my margins look good on this application, but I don't think anyone is getting ripped off here. Plus they have the best grub control product on the market and with that peace of mind.