Grub Control Included?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CNYScapes, Nov 9, 2005.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys include grub control in all your programs ? Or do you sell the regular program and then sell grub control as an add-on if needed?

2. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Add on but its getting to the point where it needs to be a regular application.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Add on but most take it.

4. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

Depends on the area. I have territories where it's a must due to a history of grubs. With those clients it's part of their program. When signing up a new client, unless they tell me there has been a history of damage, I wont do an application. I am not one to upsell apps just for revenue, and Merit is one chem that if I dont have to apply it I wont!

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

add on some take it.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

add on
    and this year i had people yellin why do they have grubs i said u didnt take the grub option cheepo
    they wont skip it again lol

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly. I highly recommend it as an add on. Look at them funny if they refuse it. It must be a look that they will remember next fall.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I posted once on here, and now it's gone again. I'm gettin' tired of this!
    Anyway, what I said was; You always want to sell it as an add on. The problem with just "including" it in with your program, is two things. Many times, it is unnecessary. Secondly, to do this, you have to price the program to include it. You can make an easier sell without it, then add it later if necessary.
    There, we'll see how long THIS one stays posted!

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I will qoute you to verify you actually did post it. :D

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i see your quote and raise your a hear that