grub control price structure

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by skrats, Jul 21, 2003.

1. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

Is 6.00 per app for mach 2 too much for residential applications??
    i charge 3.00 per 1000 for fertilizer but am unsure how much to mark up for mach 2. the mach 2 is a lot more expensive so i dont know what would be a good structure

PLEASE ADVISE!

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

from what your saying. Your making $45 on a 15,000 bag of fert. Or $36 on a 12,000 bag. You can make 3 or 4 times that.

Taking your sqft bag of fert, your cost and formula for the profit. Do the same for the grub control.

Say the 15,000 bag of fert cost you $10. You made $35 on the bag, nothing to say about time to apply and other periferal costs.

Do the math for your grub control. Cost of bag, sqft rate of coverage per bag

Do raise your prices

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not in my market!!! Big Green treats lawns for less than $2.00 per thousand. I charge $4.00 per k for fert and $8.00 per k for grub control. I offer a premium program as compared to Big Green. Most of my customers are Big Green converts.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What type of grub control IS that for 8.00 per M? Is that Merit, or something like Mach 2 or Dialox? I wish WE were getting that much for fert. up HERE!

5. $8 minimum per a 1000 for insect control......

But I get a double whammy on it so I make a killing.

I get free fert with it, so I also charge for a fert app.

so $12 per 1000 on insect app.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

See, we're not even CLOSE to that, here. From ANY company, especially the big green ones.

7. EJK2352

$8.00 per k for Merit or Mach 2 + fert. as a preventative app. or Dylox as a curative app. I am selling more preventive apps. every year because these preventatives work so well. Once a person has experienced grub damage preventative apps. are an easy sell.

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Lawn apps. is the biggest money maker in this business.

I get on average $10 per thousand for just Fert. I am actualy applying just short for the reason I do 5 apps.

9. EJK2352

Well God bless you, if your are turning out those kind of numbers!!! I would be home with ZERO business at those fert. rates!!!

10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

LOL

Ok, that $10 per thousand is our minimum, pardon me for not explaining further. larger the lawn area per customer the price lowers. Also where I am is the highest property tax rate in the country. And the highest paid county police. Pricing for anything is all relevent to the location.