1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grubs and moles!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIMOW525, Mar 20, 2002.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I have a customers yard that has become engorged with mole trails! I know since there is moles they eat grubs. What is the best way and time to get rid of them. Also the trails that they leave behind, can they be rolled out of what? This lawn used to look good but now is looking pretty bad. It is also kind of shady so I don't know if that plays into it also. Thanks for any and all sugestions.
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Some background info:
    Most of their diet is earthworms, although they prefer white grubs.

Effective control focuses on the mole rather than the grub. If you apply a grub control (Dylox, Diazinon) and wipe out most of the grubs, you will probably still face the mole problem.

Here's what you do:
    Roll & tomp the tunnels. Wait to identify areas of new activity. Place traps on the straightest of those tunnels.

You can try MoleMed (repellent) but make sure to spray it so the mole it between the MoleMed app and the area you're chasing him to. (i.e. woods or "neighbors')
  3. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Use google.com or another search engine on Moles, tons of info. Mole Man has a lot of practical info and stats. Interesting.
  4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest