GRUBS BLAH help please

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sbvfd592, Sep 9, 2007.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Im not a big fert guy. but in my front yard i have a nice lawn but a small 2x6 area that the turf had died. i put down whatever the guys at johndeere tell me to and have a irrigation system. so i look at the area when i was mowing today and picked up the dead grass.... no roots in it. i was all ticked off. after i calmed down i took a look and there was 3 grubs that i can see. i have to treat for them now. my question is i have a bunch of new seeding in a area right next to it what insecticide should I use to treat??? PS i want to slit seed in a week also.

Thank for the help guys.

2. sbvfd592

hey guys after rooting around in my lawn looks like i have a large area 15x15 that is green now but grass comes up easily trying to upload photos but its not working too well

3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

put down "Dylox". water it in. won't affect seeding.

4. sbvfd592

is that granular ??

5. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Yes, it's granular.

6. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya Dylox will kill them all dead in 24 hours

7. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

A customer had me look at her property last week. She has about 75k sq.ft. of turf that has been dug up by wild turkeys eating the grubs. I've seen turkeys out there but can't confirm they are doing all the damage. Anyway, she was concerned about the active ingredient in Dylox getting in the food chain. Hunting season is just around the corner.
    Does she have a valid concern? How does the AI in dylox 6.2 work? We haven't seen grubs like this in twenty years.

Scott

8. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather eat a turkey that eats dylox, than a pig that eats his own crap.

9. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Pigs are yummy. I'm pretty sure I won't get the job because I didn't know the answer and I won't BS a customer. Telling her I wasn't sure but would try to find out didn't seem to impress her.

Scott

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would rather tell someone I didn't know something and not get the job, then to give them a wrong answer.

You will win in the end by saying "I don't know" and I will get back to you.