Guardian cap

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by Lite4, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Joey,
    Why doesn't the guardian have a set screw for the lense cap? I was servicing some last night and I made the mistake of lightly spreading some di-electric lube on the gasket. BIG MISTAKE!!! With the interior spring inside it kept pushing the cap right off. I wiped off all of the lube but there was still just enough to allow it to keep slipping off. I had to use some solvent to take it off and put in a new gasket. I had to lube it to begin with because I could not get the cover on without the gasket rolling out of place every time. What gives? Why can't you just manufacture the Guardian with a simple set screw on your lense covers?

Not raggin, just wondering. Thanks

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

No grease on the gasket no problem with the shroud staying on!! Set screws eliminate the sleekness of the light.

3. Lite4

No grease on the gasket, no gasket staying in place sometimes when putting the shroud on!!!!

4. JoeyD

I know that sometimes the Gaskets roll when pushing or pulling the shroud off. The best way to prevent this is to twist the shroud when removing as to help spin it off. we need the Gasket to fit tightly to seal the light and to hold the shroud in place so this is just a slight negative to that positive.

5. Lite4

I still don't like it. Often times the cap sits on the light kind of cockeyed because of the spring pushing the cap off and no point of attatchment holding it secure. I guess I could always drill the cap myself and put a set screw if I need to.

6. JoeyD

Tim, thanks for the feedback. I will be discussing this in our next QC meeting. I will keep you posted on what we decide.