guarentee?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbyge, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

i'll be blunt: you charge a customer for a weed treatment. some of the weeds die, some don't. the customer is unhappy because they still have weeds. do you: make another app at another full fee? do you do another app for free, or at a discounted rate since the customer isn't happy with the results of the first one?

2. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely!!!

3. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

absolutely, what?

4. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

Without a doubt

5. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

re-apply for free?

6. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Re-apply and give them what they paid for. What they paid for the first time. I have gone back to a 3 acre lawn and re-applied to get the result I told them they would get. I lost my arss on the job but- they got what they paid for. I guarantee my weed control. Now there is always the exception. Nutsedge that pops up 2 weeks later. Or applying a pre-m and weed's not controlled by germination. But we talk about that before hand and they understand. Its is weed control not elimination.

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i let customers know up front that weeds are part of nature and we will treat them when we're there. service calls are very expensive, they actuley cost more then a regulare application. most of my customers understand, the new ones sometimes don't get it, but after a season of applications, the next year is a breeze. save the free bee's for TG and scotts.

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We hardly ever have to reapply weed killer cuz we watch the radar, etc. Our most common weed control complaints in recent years were due to the ride-on units we used to use. We always went back at no charge and retreated. Now we do not have that problem cuz we went with a different ride-on unit. Bottom line....we guarantee our application works. New weeds = charge again if they're picky and don't want to wait for their next application. Usually we guarantee 3 weeks...after that????

9. CrownLawnSvc

CrownLawnSvc LawnSite Member

It depends. If there are a normal amount of weeds in the yard, then I will spot spray for free. I the yard is nothing but a weed patch, then I let them know one application won't do it all. Therefore charge again.

10. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

ok then, you guarentee "old weeds" to completely die, but "new weeds" are charged extra. great. so, when you treat in mid july, how do you adress "old weeds" and "new weeds"? are the old ones maybe color treated so you can separate them fromn the new ones? this is an intersting approach, please explain